Friday, August 3, 2012

Oh Toodles! Delaney is Two: Birthday Party Part 1

We had a wonderful time celebrating Delaney's birthday last Saturday with family and friends. This year, we decided on a Minnie Mouse theme, which Delaney was really excited about. She loves Mickey, Minnie, and the whole crew. I decided to go with the red, black, and yellow color scheme like the "original" Minnie has. So it was color and polka dots galore! I had a lot of fun making things, and I have to give a big shout out to two great ladies (hi Courtney and Lesley!) who lended some of their homemade Minnie items for me to make my own for this party.

I got to make lots of things (which I love doing), and I even did a little work in the kitchen whipping up some yummy and cute desserts! Shocking, I know.

Since I took SO many pictures, I am going to share all the party details today, and another post with pictures of our family and friends partying next week. I tried to link most of the vendors/ideas I used in case anyone else is throwing a Minnie party of their own! Here is the photo spread from the day:

 Pictures of Delaney from 13-24 months. I love picture layouts for the guests to look at! We also had Mickey ears for the boys and Minnie ears for the girls at this table. Cute pictures of those being put to good use coming next week!

 The dessert table - yummy! The amazing cake was made by my mother-in-law, and yours truly handled the fruit skewers (I used cupcake topper sticks as my skewers - worked out great!), chocolate covered pretzels, Minnie Mouse oreos and some black and red candy.

 This thing tasted just as awesome as it looked!! Thanks Pinterest for the idea, and thanks Ellen for making it perfect!

 The favors table. The kids got Mickey or Minnie cups with a few fun things inside. The kiddos under one got Mickey or Minnie bibs - something they can hopefully put to good use!

 Fun wreath greeting our guests - thanks Mom & Dad for letting us crash your house again!

 The hot diggity dog bar - hot dogs and all the fixin's, pasta salad, baked beans, and chips. Thanks Dad for grilling and Dewey for all the yummy sides! (And thanks, Frito Lay, for making delicious chips in adorable single serving bags that kids love.)

 Add to that Jones sodas in our party colors, waters, and juice boxes. It was a hot day so our guests needed plenty of refreshment!

 Beautiful flowers by my favorite florist, Fresh by CarryAnn. She is amazing!

 Great balloons from the Party Zone here in MJ. A new little party store right here at home, love it!

And of course the birthday girl! Grandma made her dress from a Pinterest idea as well, and it was SO adorable! She loved being a "ballerina" for the day in a twirly dress, and the pictures are too cute!

2 comments:

  1. That dress is too cute! Is Ellen comissionable for a 4th bday in March? E is currently asking for a flower birthday... who knows by then though.
    Such a fun party. Still breaks my heart we couldn't be there. someday bestie, someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally adorable! I love her Grandma made dress, soo cute & special!

    ReplyDelete