Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Everything's coming up baby bows.

I had been searching for a creative baby girl gift for a friend, and I went to (where else?) Pinterest to find something cute. I found this:

via here

How cute is this thing? So, I had to try it for myself. Luckily, I've got some friends who host a bi-annual bow party for Maddie's Ribbons. I loved going last year, so I anxiously awaited the party to pick out the perfect bows for the new baby girl. I tried to buy some patterns and other fun ones that aren't the "normal" pink and white. I loved what I found! Delaney racked up too, but that's another post for another day.

I got together a pail, some stickers, a thin dowel, some spray paint, and voila! "Bow"quet genius!

 How cute are these pink stickers? I picked them up in the scrapbooking section at Joann's. Never mind the fabric, that's another (as yet incomplete) project coming soon.
 Spray paint fun. Yes, I intentionally photographed my thumb, to prove that it is impossible (for me) not to paint my thumb nail, even during the smallest of painting projects. At least I dig the teal color!
Ta Da! The finished project. So easy, and so fun! I love giving special gifts like this. And most importantly, the mommy to be loved it too!

4 comments:

  1. such a cute idea. that is a great gift. hope your friend loves the bows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We loved it very very much!!! It is proudly on display in Emily's room on her hutch above her dresser. :) Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We loved it very very much!!! It is proudly on display in Emily's room on her hutch above her dresser. :) Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete