Thursday, August 9, 2012

It's her birthday and I'll overpost if I want to...

Yes, yes, it's ANOTHER birthday post. What can I say? The little tyke is pretty much the center of this universe. On Thursday, which was Delaney's actual birthday, I took the day off to spend with her. It was awesome! Here are some pictures of our fun-filled day together.

 We started the day with this beautiful smile. She opened a gift from Mommy & Daddy - a necklace (she had asked for one), and a pair of peridot stud earrings. We got her diamond studs last year, and we've decided to make a pair of earrings a tradition as a birthday gift from us. I also made her a balloon wreath (thanks Tracey for the idea and motivation!) that has hung on the front door for her entire birthday week, but I forgot to get a picture. Oops! This will be another tradition item that we use from year to year.

 Next came her two month check up. Here she is drawing some lines with Daddy and practicing some of the items on the 2 year questionnaire. She passed with flying colors!

 She was quite a ham in the doctor's office. I credit Doc McStuffins for her ease at her checkup. She sang the checkup song and kept saying "I have a diagnosis!" More on her checkup stats tomorrow.

 Next was a special treat - breakfast with Mommy & Daddy at Panera Bread! Delaney had a blueberry scone - yum!

 After breakfast we went to Paul Wharton's studio for some gorgeous pictures. Our girl was fiesty as always, but he got some beautiful images of her. Here she is after the shoot having fun on the furry ottoman.

 Daddy had to go to work after this, so we met Grandma, Grannie & Pop for lunch at our favorite restaurant, El Rey. They were so sweet to bring Delaney a birthday treat! Because, really, can you get enough sugar on your birthday?

 Cue more sugar here - these are the yummy cupcakes I whipped up during Delaney's nap. I took them to her class at preschool the next day and they were gobbled up! Delaney loved that I showed up with a treat. For a boxed cake and some Oreo brand icing, they were a huge hit!

 After nap, Delaney's friend Grace came over to play! These girls had a grand time in Delaney's kitchen. We were so glad to have visitors on Delaney's special day!

 When Grace had to leave, we burnt off some more energy outside on the slide and swings!

 When Daddy got home we opened more gifts from out of town family and friends, and the rest of Delaney's gifts from Mommy & Daddy.

We topped off the night with a yummy dinner at home and a small cake I'd made with the remaining cupcake batter. I think our girl had a wonderful day turning 2! As her mommy, it was important to me to the make the day super special, and I think we did just that. Birthdays were always a really special occasion growing up, and Andrew & I both have a lot of great birthday memories. We want Delaney to have that same experience in our house.

What special traditions do you do for your kiddos?

No comments:

Post a Comment