Monday, June 27, 2011

The M Word.

If you know my darling daughter, you know she's a chatterbox. She started vowel sounds and hasn't looked back. Her vocabulary is definitely still in that only-her-parents-and-a-few-highly-trained-ears-can-distinguish-words stage, but it getting larger all the time: hi, bye, woah, uh oh, NO (her personal favorite), yeah, dada, and...

The M word. Mama. Sometimes Mommy, but usually Mama. It is music to my ears. She has said mama and dada for many months now (dada first, but I'm just going to glaze right over that), but now those sounds are directed towards one of us when Delaney wants our attention, wants to point us out, or wants to go around naming us!

There are a lot of things that warm my heart about being a mom, but hearing Mama! Mama! when I come to rescue Delaney out of her luxurious wooden prison (relax, its also known as a crib, for the kid-police set out there) is a pretty fabulous start to the today. And coming in to pick her up and hearing that little voice is the best too. Especially because it isn't followed by "I want..." not yet, that is. Not yet.

1 comment:

  1. Just wait until you get your first unsolicited I love you. I cried. for far longer than I should have. xoxo

    ReplyDelete