Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Weekend & Labor Day Fun.

Did everyone have a good Labor Day weekend? I took the lack of work seriously and did no work or blogging! I did get a lot done around the house, and that was a great feeling!

We had a pretty lazy weekend, but somehow accomplished a lot too. I guess, to me, a lazy weekend means staying at home, and we did a lot of that. The weather wasn't pretty, so it was easy to stay inside.

Andrew & I started off the weekend festitivies on Friday night with some yummy bruschetta.


Saturday, we stayed home most of the morning and worked around the house and played. I got out all my fall decorations and got them displayed - YAY! Then we did our grocery shopping and Wal-Marting (we really know how to live it up on the holiday weekend!) Saturday night, Delaney & I played hooky from the church Fish Fry to go to Rainforest Cafe with our friends Nicki and Grace! Both the girls loved the fish tanks and the butterflies, but Grace was not so sure about the gorillas we were sat next to. Every 10-12 minutes, they started moving, making noises, etc., and about twice while we were there we got a "thunderstorm," complete with lighting and thunder (no rain, thankfully!) None of us had ever been there, so it was a brand new experience! Delaney absolutely loved it, she kept looking and around saying "Look at that! Look over there!" It was a pretty cool place. We will definitely go back again!


Sunday we had church and then went out for a quick family lunch, just the 3 of us. Andrew spent the afternoon pressure washing the back of the house and our deck. He just about got finished before a storm came in and SOAKED him!! Poor hubby. But he will get a chance to finish it up next weekend, and it looks so wonderful! I just love nice, clean things!! I worked on deep cleaning the house and doing a few of those chores that you always put to the back of the list. Sunday night, we went to my parents' house for a yummy dinner (they were nice enough to cook and we happily obliged since we'd been working all day!) and I got to come home and Skype with my bestie, and even see my sweet niece and her brand new hair cut for a few minutes. I love and miss them so much, I really don't know what we did before Skype. It is so much easier to keep up now!

Monday morning we did a little shopping (Delaney & I went to JoAnn's, Andrew went to Best Buy), and I got the things I needed for a few extra fall projects to add to my decorations at home. We hurried home and got ready for a fun afternoon at my inlaws' house, celebrating Great Grandpa's 85th Birthday. There were several of us there, and we had a yummy meal, us girls watched Dirty Dancing, and lots of laughs and fellowship as always.


Our family had a blessed, safe weekend and I hope yours did too!

2 comments:

  1. i love lazy, yet task-completing weekends! they make mondays {or post-holiday tuesdays} so much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, thankfully, because I am feeling lazy tonight!

    ReplyDelete