Thursday, September 13, 2012

It's fall, ya'll.

Have I already used that phrase on this blog this fall season? Probably. I'm kind of obsessed with it. In a healthy way, obviously. I showed you guys some photos of my fall decor, and I think I mentioned that once I got everything up this year, it just didn't seem like quite enough. So, I took my happy self right down to Joann's and got a few more things to spruce us up. Here are the results of the day.

I moved all of my ceramic pumpkins/squash/various fall things to the mantle this year, as that's about the only place in the house that's safe from curious toddler hands. I purchased everything to make a pennant banner to add here, it just hasn't happened yet...


That left my kitchen table empty, and I also have two new dining area shelves since I last decorated, so I needed a few new items there. I bought a couple of cute things, and had an idea in mind from Pinterest that I just had to make:


Aren't they adorable? I really love them. I linked to the original pin above, but to be honest I never actually read it, I just bought some styrofoam cones and yarn and went to town. That point might be underscored by the fact I just realized I did the colors differently. Whatever, that's what makes it DIY. If any guests in my house come over to insult my candy corns, maybe I should re-think my guest situation in the first place, am I right? I overlapped the yarn quite a bit because I wanted sort of a messy, casual look. These were such a breeze to do, I got them all 3 done in about 30 minutes time, and that was with Delaney "helping" me sort the yarn.

Here are my shelves in all their autumn glory now, with acorn, little twine balls, and new fall flower from Joann's, and candy corns by yours truly.


What do you think? Do you decorate your house for fall? Halloween? I am lazy and just do fall, then I am good to go until Thanksgiving. Do you have any decorating ideas for me? Please share!

1 comment:

  1. obsessed with your corns! don't think I'm a total creepster if I rip them off from you.
    i'm decorating this weekend. I don't actually have ANYTHING. But, I have a cute subway printable waiting at walgreens to be picked up today. Then, I'm heading to joanns this weekend and making a banner too... pics will be shared. xo

    ReplyDelete