Wednesday, July 27, 2011

they're like moms, only grander.



GiGi. Grannie. Gram. Grandma. Nona. Grandmother. Nana.






Whatever you call these women, they are awesome. My Nana passed away when I was four, so I didn't get too many memories with her, but my Grannie was a huge part of my life. We had too many fun times together to count. Getting ice cream, going to McDonald's for old ladies club, getting pulled over for speeding, and shopping until we dropped, to name a few. My Grannie taught my about living life to the fullest and being a generous person in all ways.






Delaney is blessed to have two awesome grandmothers. They both adore her in every way. And have I mentioned that these women never.get.TIRED. How do they do that? Delaney wears me out after a Saturday together, yet either of them manage to keep her all week, keep house, do errands, work in the garden (I'll let you guess which one that is), all without breaking a sweat. AMAZING!






Some day in many, many, MANY years (since Delaney won't be dating until at least 30), I hope to be as great of a grandma as these two are. Love you, Grannie & Grandma!

2 comments:

  1. You are very lucky to have two absolutely amazing grandmommas for Delaney. She will grow up loving them both so much with tons of memories with both. Can't ask for much more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! I'm so glad that Delaney gets to grow up & be nurtured by such amazing women.

    ReplyDelete