Thursday, July 7, 2011

Mrs. Fix It.

I'm not that handy around the house. Unless, of course, you count holding down the couch and witty banter as handy. Which I do. I kid, I kid. Anywhoo, yesterday I had a quick, child-free hour after work, which I used to whip around the house like a tornado and pick up the ever accumulating mail, toys, and laundry. Go me! Since I had a little time after my chores, I decided to make a call to Keurig's customer service line to try and fix our coffee maker. The little machine had worked like a dream and been all the hubs could wish for, but then mysteriously stopped working a couple of weeks ago. After the customer service lady asked for my name, address, blood type, and a DNA sample, she asked if I had a paperclip. So away I went to fetch such a tool. After returning, I followed her painfully scripted instructions to poke said paperclip into about 80,000 places on the Keurig, take apart the K cup holder, and a few final pokes and prods. Voila! The thing starts brewing. Unfortunately, I don't drink coffee and my darling husband isnt't a fan of the non-fresh, microwave version, that cup had to be sacrificed to the drain. But, I got the self-proclaimed Mrs. Fix It title, at least until the next thing breaks. Isn't ownership of small appliances grand? Now, to get some of those hot chocolate K cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment