Wednesday, July 6, 2011

But you don't have to take my word for it.

Kudos to you if you got the Reading Rainbow reference in the title above. I love to read. Although I sometimes quit reading for weeks during which I waste all my precious nightly quiet time on Facebook, once I get back into a book I am usually pretty engrossed until I finish it. My BFF and I have a super-elite book club, and that's how I get most of my best reads. Lately, though, I also spend a lot of time reading books with little chew marks on the corners. No, the dogs haven't gone awry. Delaney loves books! Reading books, chewing books, and looking at books. She is a book monster, and I couldn't be happier about that! I read to her before she was born and we read a lot now as well. She loves picking out a book from Grannie's shelf or her book basket at home and walking it over to you to read. She is such a great talker and I know a lot of that has come from reading (and, let's face it, also from great motor-mouth genes). I hope Delaney continues to love reading as she gets older. Otherwise, what else am I going to do with the entire set of Babysitters Club books that my mom made me save for my daughter?



1 comment:

  1. I'm totally lacking in the reading department. Our book club is on a summer break, apparently. My reading consists of Dr. Suess, the newspaper, and an endless supply of fabulous bloggs. I need a new good book. Suggestions? I'm heading to target at lunch. Maybe the help?
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete