Friday, November 11, 2011

i heart shopping.

Yep, I'm a shop-a-holic. Today, though, I branched out and did something I haven't done in a while - shopped for myself. I shop a lot - online and offline. You just never know when you'll see something fun. I especially love this time of year, as I love finding gifts for those I love.
Maybe its all the blogs I've been reading lately about moms (or women in general) not taking care of themselves, or maybe its that my working out/eating right is starting to pay off, but I actually found a couple of things for myself that I liked tonight. And were steals, obviously. I said I love to shop - I never said I love to pay full price.
My best buy of the night was my $.25 sunglasses from Rue21. I went in to shop for accessories and felt about 100 years old when I got called ma'am and they asked if I wanted to buy cologne for my son. WHAT?!? I know motherhood has aged me, but come on. I may or may not have exclaimed to the darling teenage girl behind the counter that I! AM! NOT! OLD! ENOUGH! to have a son that wears cologne.
Despite that small outburst, I had some wonderful girl time with one of my best girlfriends, and then a little time to myself while I stopped in a few more stores. It was a much needed breather after a busy week, and helped to recharge my batteries a little.
And while I bought nothing for Delaney, I did manage to pick up a little something for the hubs. No, I really don't understand how that happened either.
But I will have plenty of time to think about it while he hunts down & kills all the bad guys on MW3.

No comments:

Post a Comment