Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Bedroom Mini-Makeover.

We've been in our house a little more than three years now, and I'm starting to scratch the redecorating itch. Although there are some gorgeous new things I'd love to do (thanks mostly to Pinterest), the ones that involve paint, new furniture, and total room rearranging will just have to wait.
I did decide to get a little creative though, and by moving a few things around and pulling in some items from different rooms, we've got some new, fresh decor for the walls.
Would you like a sneak peek? If not, now would be the time to click that little x in the corner of your screen. Same picture, new wall. A canvas that Andrew & I bought on our honeymoon.
My new creation for the wall. Cardboard K from JoAnn's. Husby painted for me and I used a copper leafing pen to write the lyrics from one of our favorite songs, "You and Me" by DMB.


The gallery style wall. K from above, maternity picture by my fab sis-in-law, Delaney's newborn and 3 month pictures by Paul Wharton, clock with verses from Proverbs from Aunt Debbie & Aunt Vicki, Always Kiss Me Goodnight frame from Kirklands, and an amazing silhouette of Delaney done by hand by the same man who did mine when I was a little girl.

A new favorite space. "Grow old with me" plaque from Hobby Lobby has been on this wall, but our new addition is the "I love you because..." printable found via Pinterest. This is such a fun way to leave little affirmations for each other. It has been a great feeling to come in to the room and notice you have a note about how you are loved! I plan to put one of these in Delaney's room when she is older as well.


Sconces from my Party Lite bridal shower (a million years ago). Just removed the candles and added some other stuff from around the house. Angel given to our family at my Grannie's funeral, flower from Target, milk glass vase an heirloom from my Grannie, and rolled paper flowers DIY'ed by me from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment