Thursday, January 5, 2012

Review: Kris Jenner...and all things Kardashian.

I just finished the first book of 2012. At least one of my resolutions is on its way to coming true!

My mom saw this book and picked it up for me for Christmas, knowing I like the Kardashians and their various reality shows. The book is written by Kris Jennner, also known as the Kardashian mom. I like Kris, so I was interested to read the book.

While my world didn't change as I turned the pages, it turns out Kris has had a pretty interesting life. From her marriage to Robert Kardashian, her friendship with Nicole Brown Simpson, to her life on tv now, she has made a lot of good decisions, a lot of mistakes, and has a lot of interesting stories to tell.

A lot of the book revolved around her relationship with O.J. Simpson and Nicole, from their first meeting through Nicole's murder and O.J.'s trial. Having watched a lot of the trial on TV when it was going on, I liked reading about the situation from "the inside."

If you aren't a Kardashian fan, you can probably skip this book. Kris lives big, and puts her whole life out there, just like she does on her shows. I definitely think she's a good businesswoman, and I enjoyed reading about her love for her kids and how she has worked to raise them.

Since the book was somewhat fluff, I feel like I can't give it the super-duper highest book club rating, but considering I got through the whole thing in 3 days, I will give brownie points for not being able to put it down. Overall, I'd give the book an A-.

I've gotten a few more books on my list and am excited to get another one started. But not until I watch tonight's new Grey's, of course. It's all about priorities, people.

No comments:

Post a Comment