Friday, January 6, 2012

Finding solace in the snuggles.

Andrew and I take turns putting Delaney to bed. After putting on jammies, brushing teeth, singing silly songs, giggling, and prayers (with the most adorable exclamation of AMEN! You've ever heard) we give kisses and say our "loo you"s. For those reading who don't speak Delaney, that translates into I love you.

Sometimes, I use my alone time to do chores. I clean up the kitchen, work on laundry, or catch up on work. Sometimes, I sit on the couch and veg (read: catch up on Facebook and watch reality tv.)

Tonight, I put my darling little girl to bed. This is what can only be considered the middle (yes, I know it's Friday) of what can only be considered a frantic, hectic workweek. I have been going one hundred miles an hour all week long. In fact, in Life Group last night I mentioned the search for quiet in the midst of a wonderfully chaotic life. That quiet came with snuggles and drooled milk in a rocking chair with the center of my world.

Thank you Lord, for the chaos, for my daughter, and for always providing when my soul needs the quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment