Sunday, January 8, 2012

For the love of the shoe.

I love shoes. Always have, {expectedly} always will. I used to be in love with all kinds of high heels, and while I still am in theory, a toe surgery and the pregnancy that produced that adorable kiddo on the sidebar had other ideas. Side note to pre-kid readers: pregnancy CAN actually change the size/shape of your feet. This was a harsh realization for me that I hope doesn't happen to you when (and if) you ever jump on the mommy train.




Back to the subject of the box of gorgeous high heels sitting in a cardboard box on my dryer waiting to be consigned to a loving home - oh, wait, that wasn't the subject at all, was it?




Alas, my feet are now adorned 24/7 in one of 3 things (ok, almost 24/7, because, really, who can keep a pair of socks on their feet all night without kicking them off somewhere never to be found in the sheet?):


1. The most comfy of all slippers, the slipper boot. I myself own two fabulous pairs.

2. The flip flop. This does not help me in these terrible harsh winter months.

3. The ballet flat. Ah, how I adore thee.


I don't know what I love most about my ballet flats. Maybe its how comfy they are, or the way they can make my outfit appear semi-put together without much hassle, or how I can buy them on sale in crazy patterns for a fun and frugal addition to my wardrobe (hello, leopard flats from Old Navy that go with just about every black & brown item in my closet). So tonight I searched a couple of pairs that I love and, since I want to push my shopping addiction habit on as many people as humanly possible, here they are:







TOMS shoes



Dying for a pair of these!
TOMS shoes











Marc by Marc Jacobs flat



Not sure where I would ever wear them, but how awesome are these?
Marc by Marc Jacobs flat






LOFT flat



Flannel, plus leather? How can you not love these?
LOFT flat

No comments:

Post a Comment