Saturday, December 31, 2011

Resolutions.

I know some people don't believe in making resolutions, and blah, blah, blah. Call me a nerd (I won't even begin to be offended), but I like making them. I am a goal setter, and I like finding ways to improve. This year, I decided to set some goals for myself, and with the help of my hubby, I also set some for our family and our daughter (hello, potty training & big girl bed!). Some of these are more personal than others, but since there's nothing like good ol' accountability to keep you on track, I will list a few here.

Simplify. This is a constant struggle for me. And it probably means something different to everyone. For me, it means spending time on the people, places, and things that mean the most to me, and letting the other things go. For a Type-A must-do-everything-er like myself, this is definitely at the top of the list.

Keep it in perspective. Try not to flip out over the small things. Emphasis on try. I am a perfectionist, and while that comes in really handy a lot of the times, it is also a bit of a burden for a working mom with a husband, daughter, pets, and house that all need my attention (and who I love giving attention to, I might add). I need to remember that everything doesn't have to be done right.this.minute, and some things may even be put off until another phase of our life. And that's a wonderful thing.

Healthy me, healthy family, healthy home. This starts with eating better & exercising, supporting hubby in doing the same, and continuing to make healthy choices for our daughter, so that she will be able to make healthy choices for herself in the years ahead.

Have FUN. Sometimes I can be way too serious. The fun-loving me that plays with Delaney all weekend and laughs at my husband until my sides hurt needs to go everywhere I go. So I'm packing her up and sticking her in my back pocket.

Reading, writing, and arithmetic. I love to read, but I have really been letting my book club buddy down the past few months. I need to turn off the TV more and read (even if the next book on my to-read list is by Kris Jenner). I want to read at least 12 new books this year. Suggestions? Post them in the comments, pretty please!! I also love to write. And since I bookmarked this little piece of internet on our Christmas cards, hopefully some of our distant family & friends will be able to stop here and see what we've been up to - recently. Arithmetic = Family Budget. As a professional bean counter, I am always looking for ways to improve here.

Whew, I think that's enough for one year! I am excited for all that 2012 will bring to our family and friends - a new BFF is coming for Delaney in February, and we cannot wait to meet her. We have one (maybe two?) trips planned to see our dearest distant friends this year, another fabulous birthday party to throw for a soon-to-be (but not that soon) GASP! TWO year old, and I'm sure life will bring other blessings and changes, as it does each year.

Praying blessings and prosperity for you & yours in the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment