Monday, December 17, 2012

Holiday stress.

The holidays are filled with fun, family...and sometimes a little stress.

The shopping, the gift wrapping, the schedule juggling, can all get overwhelming. For me, this is also my busiest time of the year work-wise, so organization and balance is key. It can get overwhelming, but I find the best thing to do is focus on one week or day at a time. I am a habitual list maker, so making lists, both personal and profession, helps me keep sane and know what I have going on.

I try to use what free time I have to do little things - a load of laundry here, a dishwasher switch out there. This year, I did a marathon Black Friday shopping trip, and another pretty long trip one Saturday. Between those two outings and some Amazon shopping, I had a pretty easy time getting my gifts together this year. I did a major wrapping session as well, which was fun, tiresome, and led to Andrew asking if I am part elf (answer: not to my knowledge.)

What stresses you out during the holidays? For me, its that overwhelming feeling. As long as I can get organized and work my plan, I do a pretty good job of staying cool. This year, I have to say that I really haven't felt the stress too much (that said, this week coming up is a busy one!) I think I've done a good job this year of prioritizing the most important things - times with friends, our church responsibilities, and making memories with my girl.

What helps you to stay calm? Or are you a lucky, natural-born non-worrier? If so, color me jealous.

Only ONE WEEK til Christmas ya'll...enjoy it!


No comments:

Post a Comment