Monday, December 10, 2012

Christmas traditions.

Happy Monday, friends! I'm back this week co-hosting the Holly Jolly Linkup with my bestie. Today, we're talking about Christmas traditions. My favorites have evolved since I've gotten older. When I was little, I loved going out shopping and wrapping with my dad for my mom's presents, most years on Christmas Eve. We had some special Christmas Eve traditions, a lot of which we've kept in my own little family now. As a mom, I now love playing Santa, and we've kept up traditions from both sides of our family, as well as starting new ones.

We start Christmas Eve by celebrating at Grandma & Grandpa's house. We all go over, Delaney makes her cookies for Santa with Grandpa, and we usually watch a Christmas movie. Later, our family all attends Christmas Eve service at 11pm Christmas Eve night, followed by a big breakfast at my in-laws at midnight. After that, we all go home and get to bed so Santa can visit. This is when Andrew & I usually open our gifts together. It is fun to be up in the middle of the night drinking hot chocolate (ok, it may be spiked with whipped cream vodka) and celebrating with each other. In the morning, our parents come over and watch Delaney open her gifts from Santa. We go later that day to open gifts at Grannie & Pop's house. This may be my favorite 24 hours of the year! It's such a special time for us.

Crystal is talking about the traditions she loves today. Link up and tell us about yours!




2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you basically stay up all night on Christmas Eve. How did I not know that... ?! I do love having a little special time to open up presents together with the hubs, we need to figure that out better now that we travel for christmas...
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yep, and we love it. We usually get in bed about 2 or so, then up around 8 for gifts. Then an afternoon nap on Christmas when Delaney gets one! :)

      Delete