Thursday, November 15, 2012

Happy toddler, happy life.

Life is moving at a steady pace for us right now. Not crazy busy (although I'm pretty sure our "normal" would be considered crazy busy to some!), but not dull (as if that could ever happen). We're busy with work we care about, a church we love, and family and friends that we want to spend time with as this holiday season gets started. But, by far, the best times of my life now are times spent with my girl.

I always try to create "special" times and memories for our family, but some of the things that make me smile most just happen in the day to day with Delaney. This kid is hilarious, ya'll. I know most people adore their kids, and they should! I sure do adore mine.

Delaney loves to laugh. So do I, but I think she gets her love of making people laugh from her daddy, combined with her outgoing personality,  courtesy of yours truly. She is such a ham! The toddler stage is fully upon us, meaning if we laugh at something, we're definitely likely to hear it about a dozen times...or more. The thing I love most is when she gets herself laughing and gets a huge smile and that deep belly laugh. Doesn't get much better than that.

Her personality is cute (let's be honest here, that means MOST of the time its cute, when there is no fit-throwing or general toddler 'tude), but her vocabulary is what really cracks me up. She has expanded to know so many words and she loves to use a wide variety daily. Some examples:

Can't get her hand to fit through her sleeve:
Mommy, this is VERY difficult! I am having difficulty with this!

Talking to our dogs:
Santo and Sadie, you need to eat your food so you can grow big and strong. You have to eat your food so you can get a treat.

Her favorite song to sing to Grannie on FaceTime:
Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair! Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair! Fuzzy Wuzzy, Fuzzy Wuzzy, WUZZY!!!!!
(I'm hoping you guys know the real lyrics to this song, or this one seems really stupid).

Prayertime:
God is grape, God is good, lettuce thank'em for our food. AMEN! (pause) Good job Delaney!

Mix this in with her repotoire of favorite songs and all the books that she loves to "read," and Delaney keeps us laughing a good portion of the time. It makes my mommy heart glad to hear my girl's laughter and know she is happy and loving life.

No comments:

Post a Comment