Thursday, January 3, 2013

New Year, New Goals.

Happy New Year, everyone!

Our year started out glorious, spending New Year's at home with some friends and having our dear friends the Blaylocks in for a visit from Denver (more on that soon). We sent them home today (sniffle, sniffle) so it's back to the business of "real life" for us tomorrow, with preschool, crazy work schedules, and all the rest!

Do you make resolutions? Personally, I like them. I am a Crazy Type A goal setter, so a new year is really just another excuse for me to reevaluate and come up with some new goals.

In the spirit of over-sharing on my little piece of the interwebs, here are my 2013 goals:

1. Let it Be. I have a crazy busy life, and I love it. I work outside the home, have a part-time job serving my church, have a husband who I like to tend to, a fabulous little girl that we're trying to raise, and awesome girlfriends who deserve my time & attention too. Not to mention pets, a house, and all the other adult "stuff" that needs tending to. The point is, there are a lot of things to focus my attention on, and sometimes I probably get a little too perfectionist. So this year, I'm giving myself a little grace. If its a busy week at work and I don't get as much QT with Delaney as I'd like, I'm still a good mom. If the house is a mess because we've had things going on and a house filled with people we love, I'm not beating myself up. It there are things to be done but I need a Sunday afternoon nap, I'm going to let it happen. This is the year of less pressure on myself.

2. Live Healthy. Yep, this is one every year. And based on resolution #1, I'll pat myself on the back and say I did lose weight in 2012, and also made some good lifestyle changes food-wise, like cutting out caffeine and cutting back on the sodas, period. But, I've still got a long way to go. There are more pounds to lose, more eating habits to change, and more motivation to get moving. Here's to working as hard as I can this year.

3. Think More. For me, this means shutting off the TV some and getting back into reading, blogging, and my devotion time. I'll admit that since I've become a mommy, TV at night has become my veg out time way more than it used to be. While I'll still keep up with the shows I love, I'm looking forward to being a better member of my Super Elite Book Club with my bestie and hopefully getting some more writing in too.

So there you have it, this year's goals in black and white. They seem so simple, yet I know each will challenge me in a new and different way.

Here's to a wonderful 2013 for everyone reading. I hope you reach your goals this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment