Friday, October 5, 2012

Productivity.

When are you most productive? For me, it's morning at work, and night at home.

I'm SO not a morning person. Luckily for me, no one else in my house is either. Delaney wakes up between 7 and 7:30, and she has a routine of getting her milk and snuggling through a show of her choice - usually Little Einsteins, Doc McStuffins, or Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. After that, she is up and at 'em and ready to rock the day. By then, I am started to get going too.

I am always busy at work, so it's easy to be productive there. At home, we are usually busy in the mornings, and if we have free time we read a book or play for a few minutes before its time to leave. When I get home at tonight, after dinner, bath, and bedtime, I'm tired. Sometimes (like tonight), so tired I haven't even ventured upstairs to the bonus room. Luckily I have my bed, tv, and iPad downstairs, so I am pretty much set.

Often, around 10 or 11, I get a second wind. Actually, it's probably a third or fourth wind by that time. I get up from my lounging spot and pick up toys, clean the kitchen, and sometimes start a load of laundry. If I'm feeling really energetic, sometimes I'll work on a craft project. Does anyone else do this? I guess I just need some time after the "day" is over to unwind before I can get up and going again.

I kind of like turning into a night owl. My mom has always been one, so it always makes me smile when I am up watching tv late at night, knowing she is probably up doing the same. 

At some point, I'll have to start getting up much earlier to get Delaney to school on time. Elementary kids start SO early here! But for now, I will enjoy our morning snuggle time and my late night chore 
time in the quiet house. 

When do you get things done?

No comments:

Post a Comment