Thursday, July 19, 2012

It's the end of the world as we (used to) know it.

My hubby had a lunch seminar yesterday about using social media for marketing. Last night, he showed me a video clip that they watched. It was interesting, informational, and also freaked me out a little. In short (as if you didn't already know this), Facebook is taking over the world. Check this out:


So what do you think? Do you love social media? I do, mostly, particularly Facebook, Pinteredt, and Instagram. I'm not big on YouTube, and I don't tweet. Does it enhance your life or distract you from living it? I think it can do both, at least for me. I love being able to capture all the cute things that Delaney does, but I also try not to keep my phone glued to my hip when we are having family time. As for entertainment media, am I in the minority by saying that I still love printed books? So far I have not gotten into the digital reading age, although I'm currently blogging on my iPad. I just love the printed word. (Not so) secret nerd habit confession, I guess. At the end of the day, we might as well embrace social media, because it's here to stay. I'll keep blogging, posting pictures, and dreading the day Delaney wants her own Facebook page.

1 comment:

  1. I'm totally fighting for printed books! I love them. There is something amazing about flipping the paper page of a book. Although I have read a book or two on our kindle. Plus, I can ship my bestie digital books for our top secret book club. So for now, our book club is safe, my friend!

    ReplyDelete