Monday, May 7, 2012

Weekend fun.

After about a month's work of weekends of busy days, crowded schedules, and a lot of hard work on projects, this weekend was all about kicking back and getting some R&R. Friday night we kicked off the weekend with an early Cinco de Mayo dinner with some dear friends (sorry, no pictures, I forgot to document!) with some margaritas, yummy meal, and a homemade Mexican chocolate ice cream that was amazing - honestly, we were still talking about it the next day!

Saturday, after some morning errands, we celebrated (again!) at our favorite spot, El Rey. After that it was family nap time, followed by some play time for Delaney and a hibachi dinner at Kobe's to celebrate my sis-in-law's graduation (yay Mimi!) We had fun visiting, eating, and watching the show - although Delaney wasn't too sure about the onion volcano or anything involving bursts of fire - but she loved the food!

Being silly with Pop at El Rey - she can say "Hola!" and "Gracias!"
Working out the chopsticks at Kobe's

Sunday, we ended our weekend worshipping at church, with lunch afterwards and a meeting to follow for me. We spent the afternoon doing our laundry and grocery shopping (not fun, but it makes for a much happier week when there are clean clothes and food in the house, I've found), and finally some pool time and a yummy meal with Grannie & Pop.

 This girl loves her kiddie pool!
                                                          Sharing her snacks with Daddy
                                             Yummy blueberries, one of D's favorite snacks.
                                                             Me and my girl. Love her!!
All worn out from a day of fun in the sun

2 comments:

  1. I told E that Auntie Bri was coming with Delaney to visit and she got so excited. She said "I like Auntie Bri and I love my laney." She asked if she could wear her pricness jammies like the ones she helped pick out for D and was thrilled when we said yes. Can't wait for our little besties to squeel with excitement to see each other! miss you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! It's good to be liked, even if I do play second fiddle to D. I am getting pretty used to that these days. By the way, its ok if I squeal over delight at seeing my bestie too, right? xoxo

      Delete