Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Thoughts on Shopping.

Lately, I have been feeling a major urge to shop. New clothes, new accessories, new home furnishings. All of these things are calling my name. I'm not sure if its the season change, the fact that I am home and have time to go out shopping and browse online, or the end of pregnancy, but my shopping cravings could rival an eight-months pregnant lady on the hunt for Doritos and a pint of Ben & Jerry's.

But alas, I have been good. I have held off from most shopping (excluding, of course, adorable things I buy for the wee one, which do not count as said "shopping for myself"). What has helped me to abstain? This laundry list that I keep reciting in my head:

  • 'Tis better to lose the pregnancy weight before buying new fabulous fall clothes.
  • 'Tis smarter to buy accessories that match said new clothes instead of the semi-maternity ones I am now sporting.
  • 'Tis wiser to save for the screen porch we want to build than buy yet another seasonal decoration.

Will these mantras win out? Only time will tell. I tried to break my own rules today and pick up a few choices fall items for the mantle at TJMaxx, only to be struck down in the midst of my joy by the harsh realization that le wallet was in le car. Oops.

The shopping gods are harsh, and fiercely serious. Oh well, I am really going to enjoy that screen porch, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment