Tuesday, July 27, 2010

40 weeks and counting...

Well, our due date came and went last Friday, and little Delaney is still hiding out in Mommy's belly. Although I have had an easy pregnancy, this last week has been a long one. Between aches and pains, little sleep, and the frustration of waiting, I am definitely ready to get this labor show on the road! I am still hopeful that the birth will go according to the experience we are hoping and praying for, but also resigning myself to the fact that it may not, and focusing on the fact that a healthy baby girl is the end result however things go.

On the bright side, there is light at the end of the tunnel. Although we are still planning a natural birth, if that does not happen by this Sunday night, we'll be going in for an induction at the suggestion of my doctor, and Delaney will be born Monday, August 2nd. I can't wait to meet our little girl. We are very thankful that she is still healthy and thriving, but anxiously awaiting her arrival as well.

This time next week I'll be a full-fledged mommy! Hurray!

1 comment:

  1. You are going to do great with her birth. I can not wait to hear all about your experience of bringing this sweet little girl into the world. It's going to be amazing. So excited for you guys.

    ReplyDelete