Friday, May 7, 2010

My Little Drama Queen.

What started out as a routine day yesterday took an interesting turn after lunch when, after having an "episode" that could have been trouble for my little one, we booked it over to Labor & Delivery at my doc's recommendation to get checked out.

After getting hooked up to gadgets galore and having an ultrasound {LOVE seeing her, even if it is a little unscheduled...} everything is fine, her heartbeat sounded strong, and I am having NO contractions. At 29 weeks, this is a very good thing.

My little one weighs in at 3 lbs. 4 oz. and everything about her is normal. Except, perhaps, her flare for the dramatic. She had an arm on her forehead yesterday, marking the second time she's been caught like that on film. Oh, the grand adventure of it all, she must be thinking.

I am feeling fine, but have been instructed to keep my feet up all weekend. Don't worry, I am being a good patient and following doctor's orders. Besides, I can't jepordize my upcoming beach vacation!

While I am getting really excited about the planning and preparing for Delaney's arrival, I would like a few more weeks to, you know, learn Lamaze, and also not have my daughter weigh three pounds at birth. So prayers for keeping her inside and safe would be greatly appreciated.

Now, what good TV shows come on in the middle of the day, anyway?

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear you had a little scare, but so glad to hear that everything with little Delaney is healthy and perfect. Kick back and relax this weekend, to the best of your ability (if you are like me you have a foot in your ribs jabbing away and elbows flying all over everywhere else).

    Gavin's ultrasounds have been the same way where he keeps both hands over his face. He is shy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pose. She learned that from her aunt, I think. :)

    ReplyDelete