Monday, August 15, 2011

Balls In the Air.

Like pants on the ground, only different. It's more like I'm occasionally looking like a fool with my balls in the air.

Ahem.

Juggling all the balls of my life, that is. Motherhood. Wifedom. Controllership. Which is my job description, by the way, not a quest to take over the world. I don't have the time or patience for that kind of thing.

As I was telling my one of my best pals today, I do really well for a couple of months, then I have a little "get your life together" moment where I feel I need to revamp and try again on this whole balancing act. So that's what I've been doing lately. Working on breaking everything down into little bits, instead of getting overwhelmed. Working on not being such a Major Type A Personality.

One of my hubby's tattoos is a quote from Fight Club: No fear, no distractions. The next line is the kicker: The ability to let that which does not matter truly slide. If you know him, you know this sums him up pretty well. A nice contrast to his darling wife. But I am working on that, too. I'm finding that if nothing else, motherhood and age help mellow you. An even keel husband works pretty well, too.

So although my new schedule has been working out fairly well, I have left one critical element out of the week: blogging. Not sure when to add it in, but its definitely worth the edit.

And the copying over of the schedule on nice, lined paper with pretty colored pens. Hey, some traits are worth working on, and some are better to just embrace.

No comments:

Post a Comment