Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Pearly whites.

This month, Delaney's first two teeth came onto the scene. We were pleasantly surprised with the whole teething process, although it came with what has got to equal about two million gallons of drool starting when Delaney was about two months old. With only a little drama, two sweet little baby teeth are here at five and a half months old. Delaney would fuss and scream a little, but we had several remedies to help ease her pain. As of yet, we haven't used Orajel, Tylenol, or any other medications due to teething, per our doc's instructions. When molars come in, I'm sure that will be a different story!

I'll share some of the things that soothed Delaney, in case any other little teethers might like these things as well!
  • Teething rings chilled in the fridge (original, I know)
  • Paci's chilled in the fridge (we used the silicone gumdrop ones, but any would do)
  • Frozen banana chunks in the Munckin fresh feeder (yum!)
  • Chomping on her own hand (this is one of her favorites)

Overall, Delaney has had an easy time, with only one nighttime wakeup during this phase of teething. Who knows what is to come, but so far, Delaney popped these two teeth, and is working on another lower now.

Now for the evidence:




1 comment:

  1. I love it. We are still toothless here in this house, which is crazy because we have seen them since he was 2 months old. He has actually even quit drooling for the most part.. weird. I am not complaining yet though, since I am still nursing. Those little gums bite hard enough, I can't imagine teeth! I am so thankful sweet Delaney had an easy time with it. I hope Gavin has an easy time too.

    ReplyDelete